NeoBook is a complex multimedia solution for creating interactive
e-books, presentations, catalogs, kiosks, educational/training
materials and more.
NeoBook's intuitive drag and drop interface
makes it easy for anyone to combine text, pictures, sound, video, Flash
animation, HTML content, special effects and other elements to produce
sophisticated multimedia applications for Windows.
publications can be compiled into stand-alone Windows applications
(exe) or screen savers (scr) which may be distributed or sold without
A built-in scripting language and a variety of plug-ins are also available to extend the capabilities of NeoBook even further.
Here are some key features of "NeoBook Professional Multimedia":
· Use simple drag and drop actions to create complex applications.
· Import pictures and illustrations created with your favorite paint or drawing software.
· Import formatted text documents created with your favorite word processor or use NeoBook's built-in text editor.
Add navigation and user interface controls including: push buttons,
check boxes, radio buttons, text entry fields (with validation), list
boxes, combo boxes, media players, track bars and timers.
· Play Animated GIF files.
· Display web sites and live Internet content inside your application.*
· Create and send email messages directly from your application.
· Use the built-in text editor to create formatted text with tables, multiple fonts, bookmarks and hypertext commands.
Create advanced applications using the powerful, integrated scripting
language. Includes conditional statements, looping, variables, file
i/o, string processing, etc. Script commands can be typed manually by
experienced users or selected from a list and added interactively by
filling out a simple questionnaire.
· Perform calculations and tabulate scores for computer-based training exercises.
· Use transition effects between screens, such as wipes, dissolves, weaves, etc.
· Store and retrieve information from external files and the Windows Registry.
· Create applications with custom shaped windows.
· Play sound, music, video, animation and other multimedia files.
· Display alert boxes, messages, popup images, menus, Custom Dialog Boxes, etc.
· Create your own animated cartoons using the included NeoToon? utility.
· Launch Windows or DOS programs including other compiled NeoBook applications.
· Send keystrokes and mouse clicks to other Windows applications.
Access your favorite word processor, sound editor, animation editor
and/or paint program directly from NeoBook to edit text, images, audio
and animation clips.
· Enhance NeoBook's functionality with simple to use, yet powerful plug-ins.
· Test, debug and spell check your projects without leaving the NeoBook environment.
Use NeoBook's Compiler to assemble your projects into 32-bit Windows
applications (exe), Windows screen savers (scr), Windows system tray
applications or web browser Plug-In/ActiveX controls (ocx). Compiled
applications may be distributed or sold - without paying royalties or
additional license fees!
· Create a professional Setup/Installation for your applications, complete with compression and multi-disk capabilities.
· Import files created with previous Windows and DOS versions of NeoBook.
New NeoBookDB plug-in lets you read and write database files directly
from your NeoBook publications. Included FREE with NeoBook purchase!